This article is also available in following languages:
In this guide, we will show you what to do when your SL1 print is successfully finished and you want to remove it from the metal platform.
always wear protective gloves and always clean up any drops of resin around the printer. In case the resin gets into contact with your skin, wash it off immediately with water and soap. If you experience discomfort (such as itching) or if the resin got in your eyes, seek out medical assistance immediately.
When handling resins,
- After the printing process finishes, open the lid and place the black plastic tray on the printer as depicted below.
- Use a plastic spatula or paper towels to wipe the top part of the printing platform clean.
- Unscrew the black printed knob at the top to unlock the printing platform.
- Carefully slide the printing platform out (pull it towards you), and turn it sideways, so the remaining resin goes back to the tank or to the tray.
- Use the bundled metal spatula to remove the print from the printing platform. Be careful not to scratch the platform.
Do NOT use your fingernails to remove the prints since the plastic can easily get under your nails and break off. Besides, you should still be wearing gloves.
You should clean the printing platform thoroughly after every print - drops of liquid resin can solidify when exposed to sunlight, which would make them difficult to remove. Clean the channel at the top of the printing platform thoroughly. Use isopropyl alcohol to clean the platform.
Inspect the printed sample object. Check for any inaccuracies, missing parts, visible layers/lines, dents, blobs, or other defects.